The Dyersburg Regional Medical Center provides pastoral care for patients, family members and staff. We have a full time chaplain that is either at the hospital or on call. The chaplain is in the hospital Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and on call the remainder of the times.
Assisting the chaplain are twelve volunteer chaplains who are area clergy/counselors and represent the diverse religious and ethnic back-ground of the community. These chaplains represent various community churches and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A patient or visitor can access the hospital's chaplain for spiritual services by making such a request at the time of admission, by asking for such services from a nurse or any hospital employee or by calling the Chaplains office at extension No. 2109. Pastoral information cards are available throughout the hospital and in each patient's room.
The Pastoral Ministry Department offers to you upon request:
- a pastoral visit and prayer by the hospital chaplain or a minister of your particular faith will be called.
- pastoral counseling.
- New Testaments are provided in every patient room by the Gideons. Also, "Guides Posts", "Daily Bread", and "Upper Room " devotionals are available.
- Ecumenical worship services are held each morning (Monday - Friday) in the chapel - Room 381 at 9:30 a.m. The chapel is always open for your meditation.
- rosaries are available for Catholic patients.
- Holy Communion is available as is baptism and dedication in extreme or unusual situations.
Spiritual care is governed by the HIPPA regulations concerning patient confidentiality. Also, all spiritual care will be presented only upon a patient's or visitor's request and is to be in accordance with their particular faith. The hospital chaplain may be contacted at 731-287-2109.
In addition to providing pastoral care, the Pastoral Ministry Department leads the hospital community with special services as appropriate. The hospital has a chapel that is open at all times as a place of prayer, devotion and meditation. The chapel is located on the third floor, Room 381.